1. I can’t stand it if someone gets upset with me.
2. If they say no, it will kill me.
3. I don’t deserve to get what I want or need.
4. If I make a request, it will show that I am weak.
5. I must be really inadequate if I can’t fix this myself.
6. I have to know whether a person is going to say yes before I make a request.
7. Making requests is a really pushy/self-centered/bad thing to do.
8. It doesn’t make any difference; I don’t really care.
9. Obviously, the problem is just in my head. If I would just think differently I wouldn’t have to bother anyone else.
10. This is a catastrophe/is terrible/ will destroy me.
11. Saying no to a request is a selfish thing to do.
12. I should be willing to sacrifice my own needs for others.
The belief that opened doors for me? Discovering I could serve others through making the right requests. The request itself became a vehicle for personal transformation. I became more courageous and more confident.
“I signed up with Annette's Irresistible Request Program because of her impressive record of success in coaching, but what is truly inspiring is her passion for helping women gain confidence. She is completely committed to your success. I never thought I was someone who lacked confidence, but launching a new business brought up lots of insecurities. Annette's coaching was invaluable for helping me launch my business with confidence, clarify my priorities and minimize my fears."
– Christina Caudill